Stephen Bakir, MD, FACC
ABOUT Stephen Bakir
Dr. Steve Bakir is a highly experienced Interventional Cardiologist with a special interest in Valve Disease and Structural Heart Interventions. He also manages complex coronary artery disease and peripheral vascular disease. He received his Medical Degree from Emory University School of Medicine and undertook his Cardiology Fellowship and his Interventional and Structural Heart training at the same renowned institution.
Dr. Bakir is a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology and a member of the American Society of Internal Medicine. He was the recipient of numerous honors and awards during his training, including being the Chief Fellow at UAB. He is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Diseases and Interventional Cardiology. Dr. Bakir was also a clinical instructor at the University of Alabama School of Medicine. He is widely published and has lectured on various cardiology topics at many scientific annual meetings.
Dr. Bakir joined the private practice of CVA in 2002 and sees patients at the Colonnade Parkway office. He is accepting patients with the need for complex aortic and mitral valve disease and other structural heart disorders, coronary artery disease and patients with general cardiology conditions. He performs procedures at Brookwood Baptist Medical Center and Grandview Medical Center.
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement
- Percutaneous Mitral Valve Repair
- Coronary Artery Disease and Intervention
- Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Valve Disorders
- Atrial Septal Defect and Patent Forames Ovale
- Cryptogenic Stroke
- General Cardiology
- Medical School: Emory University School of Medicine
- Residency: Internal Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine
- Fellowship: Cardiovascular Disease, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Interventional Cardiology, Emory University School of Medicine
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Interventional Cardiology