Matthew Sample, MD, FACC
About Matthew Sample
Dr. Matthew Sample is an Interventional Cardiologist whose philosophy for providing cardiovascular care to patients relies on the Heart Team Approach. Specifically this involves working closely with patients, referring physicians, cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons, and non-physician members of the health care team to reach an individualized plan of care for patients with complex cardiovascular illnesses. He has specialized training and interest in the catheter based treatment of patients with structural and valvular heart disease. He also treats patients with advanced or high-risk coronary artery disease including those with 100% blocked coronary arteries (chronic total occlusions) and those patients requiring mechanical circulatory support.
Dr. Sample attended medical school at the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson, MS, graduating Cum Laude and being inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) honors society. Following medical school he completed a residency in Internal Medicine at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. He completed fellowships in Cardiovascular Disease and Interventional Cardiology at Vanderbilt as well. Following his training, he joined a private practice cardiology group in Tennessee where he began, and served as medical director for, a Structural Heart Disease program.
Dr. Sample joined CVA in 2018 and sees patients at the Colonnade Parkway office. He is accepting new patients with valvular heart disease, structural heart disease, coronary artery disease, and all general cardiology conditions. He performs procedures at Brookwood Baptist Medical Center and Grandview Medical Center.
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
- Percutaneous repair of atrial septal defects (ASD) and patent formen ovale (PFO)
- Chronic total occlusion (CTO) interventions
- Valvular heart disease
- Angina Pectoris
- Percutaneous Mitral Valve Repair
- Acute coronary syndromes
- Cardiogenic shock
- Pulmonary embolism
- Medical School: University of Mississippi Medical Center
- Residency: Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Cardiovascular Disease: Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Interventional Cardiology: Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Interventional Cardiology
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine