Luiz Pinheiro, MD, FACC
ABOUT Luiz Pinheiro-de-Melo
Dr. Luiz Pinheiro received his medical degree and training in Brazil. After completing his cardiology training in Brazil he went on to spend four years with the renowned echo cardiology group at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. Luiz is a highly talented and skilled echocardiologist and contributes immensely to the success of CVA’s Structural Heart Program. He is widely published on imaging technology, particularly transesophageal electrocardiography and has participated in numerous cutting edge clinical research studies involved in cardiac and vascular imaging.
Dr. Pinheiro is board certified in Internal Medicine and Adult Comprehensive Echocardiography. He was a founding member of the International Society of Echocardiography and a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology. He also holds membership in the American Heart Association, the American College of Physicians and the American Medical Association.
Dr. Pinheiro has extensive teaching and preceptor experience in Peripheral Vascular Disease, Vascular Ultrasound, Transesophageal Echocardiography and Clinical Electrocardiography. He has numerous scientific publications and has been a participant in a large number of Scientific Symposiums.
Dr. Pinheiro joined CVA in 1996 and has been an invaluable asset in clinic and imaging. He is a highly talented and skilled in echocardiology, and contributes immensely to the success of CVA’s Structural Heart Program.
- Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Medical School: Federal University of Rio Grande Do Norte
- Residency: Internal Medicine, Santa Casa Da Misericordia Do Rio de Janeiro
- Internal Medicine, Montclair Baptist Medical Center
- Fellowship: Cardiology, Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro
- Research Fellow and Echocardiographic Associate, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Division of Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine