Jan Skowronski, MD, MBA
About Jan Skowronski
Dr. Jan Skowronski is a dynamic and accomplished interventional cardiologist.
After medical school in his native Poland, with rotations in London and Chicago, he completed his residency, and cardiology fellowship at the University of Minnesota and his interventional cardiology fellowship at the University of Maryland.
His philosophy while treating patients is: “compassionate courage”, as he frequently performs high risk heart and vascular interventions.
Between 2007 and 2015 he served as the cath lab director at OSF, St. Anthony Medical Center near Chicago.
Dr. Skowronski believes in early adoption of life saving technologies, and is on the cutting edge of clinical research for new devices and procedures. He participated in over 30 clinical studies in the last decade. He lectured on 4 continents, performed “live” broadcasted cases at international conferences, and served as “hands on” proctor for new cardiovascular procedures.
He performs the whole range of peripheral, coronary, and structural heart disease interventions. He uses radial access for heart procedures, and is one world pioneers for using radial artery for peripheral interventions. He specializes in critical limb ischemia revascularizations, coronary interventions including CTOs, and TAVR.
Dr. Skowronski is board certified in cardiology and interventional cardiology.
He is interested in politics and history, and frequently takes his wife and young son to quite esoteric, yet not very safe places around the world. He selfishly claims to be one of the best épee fencers in Alabama.
- The whole range of peripheral, coronary, and structural heart disease interventions
- Critical Limb Ischemia, CTOs of the legs including BTK
- Carotid, mesenteric, renal, subclavian interventions
- Revascularizations of major veins including May-Thurner syndrome
- Radial access for most peripheral and coronary procedures
- Coronary interventions, including CTOs and TAVR
- Medical School: Medical University of Wroclaw, Poland
- Residency: University of Minnesota
- Fellowship: University of Minnesota
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Interventional Cardiology