Alfred W.H. Stanley, Jr., MD, FACC
ABOUT Alfred William H. Stanley Jr.
Dr. Al Stanley is a “Cardiologist’s Cardiologist”. In the CVA tradition, his depth and breadth of experience and attention to detail in the compassionate care of his patients is profound. Al was a University of Florida graduate and went on to complete his Cardiology training at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. Dr. Stanley also served as a Clinical Instructor at UAB Department of Medicine and was the Co-Founder of the Kemp-Carraway Heart Institute.
His leadership roles over the years include founding the Division of Cardiology at the Carraway Methodist Medical Center. After the closing of Carraway Dr. Stanley moved most of his celebrated cardiology group to Brookwood Medical Center, ultimately merging with the CVA cardiology group. Dr. Stanley has 35 years of experience in cardiac catheterization and is a skilled interventional Cardiologist.
He continues to see patients at the Brookwood ACC office of CVA and performs cardiac procedures at Brookwood Medical Center. He is accepting patients in need of general and interventional cardiology.
- Coronary Artery Disease
- General and Preventive Cardiology
- Percutaneous Coronary Intervention
- Myocardial Infarction Management
- Medical School: University of Florida School of Medicine
- Residency: Internal Medicine, Medical College of Georgia
- Fellowship: Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Interventional Cardiology
- Internal Medicine